Thursday, December 17, 2020, Snow Plowing Update
• Today, the Department of Public Works will plow curb-to-curb on the entire lengths of Kearny Avenue, Midland Avenue, and Bergen Avenue. This more intensive plowing will begin at 3 p.m. on Kearny Avenue with Midland and Bergen Avenues to follow later in the afternoon to evening hours.
• Police Officers will make public address announcements at plowing locations on a rolling basis giving parkers additional warnings to move their vehicles from these snow emergency streets.
• Starting at 3 p.m. today, residents may park in any public school parking lot in Kearny on a first-come basis, space permitting. Vehicles must be removed from all public school lots by 9 a.m. on Saturday, December 19, 2020.
• Vehicles that remain on these snow emergency streets will be ticketed and towed. To obtain impound release paperwork from the police department, a vehicle owner must appear at 237 Laurel Avenue with a valid driver’s license, registration, and proof of insurance. If that paperwork is stored in an impounded vehicle, the owner may retrieve the paperwork first by appearing at Moran Towing, 34 Arlington Avenue, Kearny; however, the owner must then bring those documents to police headquarters to obtain authorization for the tow company to release the impounded vehicle (See N.J.S.A. 39:3-40.6; 39:3-4; and 39:3-10).
• All visitors to police headquarters must wear a face-covering in accordance with COVID-19 protocols. Thank you for your cooperation.