Feb. 3, 2021, Snow Plowing Plan & Parking Restrictions
• Starting at 9 a.m. on Wednesday, February 3, 2021, the Department of Public Works will plow curb-to-curb on the entire lengths of Kearny Avenue and Bergen Avenue, and on the south side of Afton Street between Belgrove Drive and Passaic Avenue. This more intensive plowing is planned to start on Kearny Avenue and then move on to Bergen Avenue followed by Afton Street.
• Police Officers will make public address announcements at plowing locations on a rolling basis giving parkers additional warnings to move their vehicles from these snow emergency streets.
• Residents may park in the parking lots of Washington, Garfield, Roosevelt, and Schuyler Schools on a first-come basis, space permitting. Vehicles must be removed from all public school lots by Monday, February 8, 2021.
• Vehicles that remain on the above-named snow emergency streets will be ticketed and towed. To obtain an impound release from the police department, a vehicle owner must appear at 237 Laurel Avenue with a valid driver’s license, registration, and proof of insurance. If that paperwork is stored in an impounded vehicle, the owner may retrieve the paperwork first by appearing at Moran Towing, 34 Arlington Avenue, Kearny; however, the owner must then bring those documents to police headquarters to obtain authorization for the tow company to release the impounded vehicle (See N.J.S.A. 39:3-40.6; 39:3-4; and 39:3-10).
• All visitors to police headquarters must wear a face-covering in accordance with COVID-19 protocols. Thank you for your cooperation.